Friday, October 21, 2011

Irish Scones: My Family's Recipe



Oh my gosh. One of the top requested recipes of all time in my family are these spectacular Irish Scones. This is a reprise of a previous post which included this recipe. I don't care though, I just remade them and needed them to show up on my blog again with their treat-studded glory. 

They are half gone before they've even cooled off in our house. It's insane.

But trust me when I say the insanity is warranted. 

These are a handed down and well made Irish family staple. You need this recipe. From all the things I've posted to date, THIS is the thing you need to print off or write out or whatever. This recipe is one every family needs to have, every person should have.

Raisins are the classic choice but, chocolate chips make them decadent. For the breakfast scone, I would always go with raisin. But if you are a chocolate fan in any way, you need to make 1/2 the batch with chips instead.

I could NOT decide in this case which to make. So, I made these with chocolate covered raisins and cranberries. 
They made my toes curl.

Yes. They are THAT good. 



You must must make them. Must. Here is the much "mmmm'd" over recipe. Make and enjoy :)

Irish Scones
-4 cups flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup sugar
-1 stick butter
-1 pint sour cream
-2 eggs
-2 cups raisins (Or chocolate chips)

Combine all dry ingredients, cut in the butter, add raisins, beat eggs in sour cream and then blend all. 

Drop on a greased sheet, letting the rough peaks stay in shape. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden.





1 comment:

  1. Yum! These look super yummy!! I will have to try them for sure!! Love your blog, found it through another blog :D Love it! New follower!

    http://lovehomebird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete