Monday, January 3, 2011

Caitlin Anne's Pumpkin Roll


My little sister may be seven years younger then I am but, I swear, she is at least 7 times more talented at everything then I am.

Everything.

And the girl is adorable to boot! You got to love her.

Even more, you have to love her baking. Remember how I said she is more talented then I am? Well, you should, since I JUST said she is. Her baking is astoundingly good. People seem to like what I whip up but, she makes things that floor everyone who tries them. And she's still in high school. She's whipping up all these crazy complex desserts and is merely fifteen years old.

Amazing.

Anyway! This is a treat she served at Thanksgiving that blew my mind. Its delicious, layered, and pumpkin spiced.

Buy up canned pumpkin while you can! And make this ASAP. Enjoy all :)

Caitlin's Pumpkin Roll
-3 eggs
-1 cup sugar
-2/3 cup canned pumpkin
-1 tsp. lemon juice
Sift together:
-3/4 cup flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp ginger
-2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1 tsp salt
-1 cup finely chopped pecans
Filling:
-1 cup powdered sugar
-4 tbsp margarine or butter
-6oz. cream cheese
-1/2 tsp vanilla

1. preheat oven to 375 degrees
grease and flour wax paper on a 15-x 10-x 2 in jelly roll pan
2. beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes. gradually at sugar stir in pumpkin and lemon juice.
3. fold in sifted ingredients into pumpkin mixer. spread batter in pan and sprinkle pecans on. bake for 15 min. let cake sit in pan for 10 minutes after you take out of oven. then turn out onto a clean tea towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. peel of wax paper and while cake is still warm, roll up in towel lengthwise.
4. beat filling ingredients until smooth. when cake is coll, unroll and spread with filling. reroll cover with plastic wrap. let chill for one hour.


1 comment:

  1. I have almost exactly the same recipe. It is a family favorite!

    ReplyDelete