Monday, January 24, 2011

Yoda Lime Bars




Lime bars shaped like Yoda! And colored green to match his signature color. I found this recipe for lemon bars and decided to make some green lime bars to utilize the Yoda shaped pancake mold I have from William Sonoma. I had already used my Storm Trooper and Vader mold so, Yoda was due to have a turn. 


These lime bars were truly luscious. Creamy, sweet, yet tart. The oats were a great touch and made the entire treat more homey in flavor. 


The green was a touch too far on the slime green color in the green spectrum, not necessarily a good "Yoda" green. But I still thought it was fun.


The only thing I would say about this recipe is there was MUCH too much flour in my batch. I don't know if I measured wrong or the recipe just has too much powder for my taste but, I would cut it easily in half. Next time I make these, I will be sprinkling flour into the crust until it's an amount I like more. I'd like the crust to be composed of more brown sugar and oats anyway. 






Hopefully you guys have fun with these and enjoy the recipe! It was seriously divine. Happy baking! And may the force be with you.

Lime Bars:

  • 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1 1/4 cups flour (As I mentioned before, however. Mine needed far LESS flour so next time I am going to add flour slowly, just until I like the consistency. Do as you like though, Jill's looked great!)
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 375ºF degrees. Coat 8x8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Mix milk, lime zest and lime juice in medium bowl until thickened; set aside. Mix remaining ingredients in medium bowl until crumbly.
Press half of the crumbly mixture in pan; bake about 10 minutes or until set.
Spread lime milk mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbly mixture over the lime milk mixture, press down gently. Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set but soft. Cool completely. Cut 4 rows by 4 rows. Or into Yoda if you want to magnify the dessert's awesome.

10 comments:

  1. It looks great.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this lime bar widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes for lime bars,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoda bars, that is cute. How did they taste? Do you think you just maybe mis-measured? Thanks for the recipe, we love the flavor of lime, these are going to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have mis-measured but, i went over it again and again in my mind and don't know how i could have! maybe it was just a clutzy moment, it would follow with my cooking trend. but, they had MUCH too much powder. i dumped even more of it off the top and into my sink, it was ridiculous.

    if i mis-measured, it wasn't by any small percentage. that's why i am warning you to be wary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...your post made me laugh...my husband would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Yoda bars, make me.

    Yoda bars, I WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tu hai dei recette meravigliose,che ci provero seguramente.Se vuoi conoscere il mio blog:www.cucinadicasadalu.blogspot.com,sara un piacere.Bacio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoda is so cute! And it sounds yummy too - I love tart and sweet flavors in desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tribute. I could see this being served at a showing of the original trilogy at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They make a yoda pancake mold??? Color me stunned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ieri ho fatto questa ricetta ed è venuta molto bene.I miei gia mi hanno questo quando ci farò ancora.Grazie

    Baci

    ReplyDelete