Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goat Cheese Dressed Fancy

Pioneer woman posted these on her exceptionally amazing blog and, mimicking the idea of rolling the ever divine goat cheese in spices to up the class and flavor explosion, I tried it out with similarly amazing results.

My orange goat cheese was rolled in Paprika and Cayenne pepper. I recommend MUCH more Paprika then Cayenne. But, it was zesty and delicious.

My green goat cheese was rolled in freshly chopped basil and then a collection of italian seasonings. I used rosemary, oregano, & garlic for the most part but, in the inspiration of just throwing whatever green spices I had that went with basil, things got a little out of control.

In any case and every case though, this was fun and a total cinch. Sprinkle on the cheese logs and then, roll. Sprinkle, roll. Sprinkle, roll. Until the sides are all nicely covered. Then serve with crackers! Completely divine. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment