Sunday, February 28, 2010

Junior's Valentine Pudding Cookies


A very dear friend of mine got his girlfriend an extremely cool vintage cookbook for her as a valentines present and, as he was showing off what a great gifter he was to me and letting me flip through it, I stumbled on this recipe and decided to jot it quickly down and try it out sometime.

There were countless other recipes I REALLY wanted to try but, this was the only one I found short enough to jot and remember. I loved how the cookbook wasn't afraid of butter and sugar. Oh simpler times.

Anyway! These are...ohmygosh! So good. Flakey, buttery (and without any butter!), and rich. Yummmm. I used chocolate pudding and Rolos in order to enhance but, the recipe works for any flavor and could probably go without the candy. Next time I want to try vanilla pudding with some lemon zest. Going to be epic.

Antique Pudding Cookies
-3/4 cup biscut mix
-1 pckg pudding mix
-1/4 cup oil
-1 egg
-2 rolls Rolos (*my addition to the recipe, totally optional)

Shape into balls. I rolled a Rolo into the center of each. Flatten somewhat with your hand, gently so as to not have a visible Rolo if you decided to add the candy or so as not to flatten TOO much and lose cakey traits of the cookie. Bake at 350 for 8 mins. 




 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! Come back next week for Romantic Dinner Ideas.

    ReplyDelete